“It’s the why behind the vision that inspires the action.” NinaFCoach click to tweet
- Why am I doing this? [Keep asking this until you have a list of reasons.]
- What are the benefits of doing this for myself and for those I love?
- What will happen if I don’t set this goal and achieve it?
Spend time thinking about the answers, discuss them, do any necessary research. Be absolutely crystal clear on the why and the benefits. This will guide and motivate you in the weeks that lie ahead while you work on your goals. Write everything down – so that you can refer to it later. Also, writing stimulates clarity, memory and positivity.
The next questions are about the practicalities of achieving your goals
- Can I do this at this time and with my set of circumstances? It’s good to have goals that challenge us but if the challenge is close to impossible, it’s better to find another starting place and take the necessary steps.
- What do I need before I can begin? [knowledge, resources, money etc]
- What are the opportunities for success and what are the threats?
- Who can help me?
- How will I know when I have succeeded? Be clear on this.
- When will I have finished? Every goal needs an end date – you can adjust it if needs be.
- Who are my mentors? [either in real life or books, blogs, CDs etc]
- Who is my accountability partner? I fully recommend that you have one – to keep you on track, to celebrate you successes and to cheer you along. Pick someone you know will be both firm and supportive.
These questions will help you set up your goals for success. If you have any comments or queries, please ask them below or email email@example.com
Thank you for reading! Every success!